Iris Ruth Pastor, is an author and speaker whose mantra is “Preserving Your Bloom:” encouraging people to use their talents and resources to be the best they can be. She shares her forty-six year battle with bulimia in her newest book: The Secret Life of a Weight-Obsessed Woman.
Loves, I wanted to share this because 1. The book is AMAZE 2. Iris Ruth Pastor is a QUEEN 3. It is personal, inspiring and worth the read/share.
1) Prioritize what you want most out of life – similar to writing a mission statement – it will guide you when you are in danger of going off track.
2) Recognize: “Hope is not a plan. Hope fuels the plan.”
3) Develop a routine for getting what you want most out of life and stick to the routine to get you there. Don’t spread yourself too thin. Concentrate on one aspect of life you would like to modify and change that will lead to greater happiness and fulfillment. Life is a journey not a marathon.
4) Put yourself first. You can’t be there for friends or family if your tank is empty and you’re running on fumes. This includes getting adequate rest and relaxation, good nutrition and exercise.
5) Don’t get hung-up in trying for a balanced life daily. Try for an overall balance in life, while recognizing some days will be more stressful and trying than others. Compulsively aiming for a balance daily is an unnecessary energy sucker.
6) Practice the art of gratitude and seek out the humorous. This will minimize your frustrations and magnify your sense of wonder and blessings.
Find her book here: irisruthpastor.com
P.S. Share your thoughts with me on social